Re: [Exim] Re:regarding instaling exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Neeraj Manral
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re:regarding instaling exim
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Neeraj Manral wrote:

> I am trying to test exim in my mail set up .I have started with exim-3.12.I
> would like to ask u should i go for the latest version 3.16 .or should i
> stick with 3.14/3.12 as it might be more stable and bug free.
> I am not very familiar with linux /unix but still would like to know as to
> what happens when a new ver comes out .I would be looking for something like
> a period of 2 years before i would make a change .(i am presently using
> netscape mail server)

Go for 3.16. Although it has a few additions, it is basically a bug-fix
release for the 3.1x series.

Most of the time, when a new version comes out, you can just install it
(even on a running system) and away it goes. There was, however, an
incompatible configuration change from the 2.x to the 3.x releases, and
if I ever get round to a major revamp which is mentioned from time to
time, there may be something similar (I guess that would end up as Exim
4). Anything like that would be announced with lots of warning.