Re: [Exim] Mailer-Daemon and multiple domains ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Jeremy Nicholls
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Mailer-Daemon and multiple domains ?
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Jeremy Nicholls wrote:

> I have an Exim 3x box supporting receipt and local delivery of a number of
> domains. However all error messages, ie "From: Mailer-Daemon..." appear to
> come solely from the 'qualify_domain'.
>
> Now that's as expected, but I now need to make it that the mailer-daemon
> message comes from the domain of the failed message. I was rather hoping that
> a rewrite rule might come to my rescue with this. I can't, at the moment, find
> anyway of rewriting based on a failed message report.
>
> I do understand that there might be problems where there are multiple failed
> recipients in different domains that the server handles, so how can it choose
> which domain to be in, but I'll cross that bridge later. At this point a
> 'preferred' domain would be a good option.

This is precisely the problem. Exim has to be general, and has to be on
the other side of that bridge when it generates its bounce messages.

However, I suspect you could probably persuade Exim to do something
close to what you want by some judicious use of headers_remove and
headers_add on your transports. They would have to use some conditional
expansion syntax so as to operate only on bounce messages, and you could
do something like use the first domain in X-Failed-Recipients, a header
that Exim sticks in every bounce message. (Or even just use a preferred
domain if there is more than one address in X-Failed-Recipients.)