Re: [Exim] aliases

Author: Jim Tittsler
To: davidturetsky
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] aliases
On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 07:25:14PM -0700, davidturetsky wrote:
> I am trying to get aliases to work so when I send out email the local part
> 'root' will alias to davidturetsky as will the local part 'david'

There may be a terminology problem here since you are talking
about "sending out" mail...

aliases control how *incoming* mail is handled, for example
delivering root's mail to davidturetsky.

If you are asking how to change outgoing mail from 'root' to
make it looks like it comes from another user, you should be
investigating the rewriting rules. (Or better yet, not sending
out mail from the root account. :-)

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/