Re: [Exim] Stopping rotation of logs

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Etienne Joubert
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Stopping rotation of logs
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Etienne Joubert wrote:

> I can tell you that exim does, or atleast the version i got.
> Exim version 2.12 #1 built 5-Mar-1999

I used that version for a very long time. And I add my voice to the
others saying that exim does not rotate logs. Something is being done out
of cron.

Note that linux systems use two styles of crontabs. There is the per-user
crontabs that you can examine as root using the command

crontab -l username

But there is also /etc/crontab which specifies a user for running in the
crontab line. That is usually set to run various scripts.

Redhat linux has a very nice logrotate program, and its configuration
should be looked at. It is run (indirectly) from /etc/crontab.

So, because of the mutliple types of crontab on linux and the fact that
the running of these things is typically indirect, you will have to do
some hunting around to find where the logrotation is called. But
ultimately, I am sure that it is out of cron.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html