Re: [Exim] Wrap text

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Pennock
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Wrap text
On 2000-09-04 at 14:18 -0700, davidturetsky gifted us with:
> Yes, all quite right. I use elm and pine and vi and emacs but find it very
> convenient to just send quick notes from the command line at times directly
> via exim, particularly when I am dealing with diagnostic issues and if
> possible it would be nice to honor etiquette without otherwise chopping up
> my transmission

$ EDITOR=ed elm whoever@wherever

$ EDITOR=cat elm whoever@wherever

$ ( cat;echo;fmt ) | exim -oi -t
(then use control-D to end headers, and control-D to end body)

The last approach is a minor demonstration the power of the Unix
Philosophy - small tools which can be combined to accomplish quite
remarkable (if sometimes sick) things.

Oh, and Pine has just been found to have more problems with inadequate
checking of external data - this time going nuts when headers are too
long. In combination of their "if you have untrusted users on your
system, then you have bigger problems than pine, so we won't fix local
exploits" attitude, and other wonders, this is why I'm currently trying
to get it entered onto my employer's software blacklist. It's almost as
bad as Outlook, for the love of @deity.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat