Re: [Exim] Mail problem PLEASE HELP.

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mail problem PLEASE HELP.
On 2000-09-04 at 09:25 +1000, ridgey gifted us with:
> > As far as outgoing is concerned, it appears that any email of size causes
> > the email to timeout and and error returned. Also if the above problem gets
> > to big, it causes connections to be refused that port and no incoming or
> > outgoing to mail be be processed until it is restarted.

> Any help / ideas appreciated.

Firewall filtering fragmented packets, without reassembling them, and
you're also blocking Path MTU discovery somewhere. Likely the same
firewall.

If you don't have access / authorisation to fix the firewall, the only
thing you can do is to lower the interface's mtu (576 should work for
anywhere on the Internet. No really). This sucks.

But some people like firewalls, and don't care if they're broken. :^(
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat