Re: [Exim] question about exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Pennock
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] question about exim
On 2000-09-04 at 09:15 +0100, Nigel Metheringham gifted us with:
> If you don't want ident to give out username information for your
> network, stop running ident.

> Exim is the wrong place to fix this problem.

Uhm, what about initial message submission via local?
$ exim -C /dev/null -bP received_header_text
gives quite a long line, including:
${if def:sender_ident {from ${sender_ident} }}

The docs say:
`$sender_ident': When a message has been received from a remote host,
this variable contains the identification received in response to an
RFC 1413 request. When a message has been received locally, this
variable contains the login name of the user that called Exim.

So, if the problem is the revelation in the initial header of the
usercode, then not running identd won't help. Redefining
received_header_text in the config file will.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat