[Exim] Wrap text

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: davidturetsky
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Wrap text
I'm glad you raise this point. When I use vi/vim to compose a file for
delivery via exim, I set the linelength to 70/72 and the delivered mail
reads well and satisfies esthetic/politeness requirements. However when I
use exim directly and explicitly use the 'enter' key to limit line length,
when viewed with mail readers such as Outlook Express, which can accomodate
arbitrary lengths depending on the size of the window, the lines are usually
crudely broken where the 'enter' was inserted and the presentation is quite
poor. When such text is included in a reply, the presentation degenerates
even further

Does exim have a 'linelength' option? Can I otherwise insert an appropriate
control character to resolve this? Can exim add a feature such as in the
latest version of vim that comes with debian 2.2 that shows the position on
the line?

David