Re: [Exim] ldap lookups

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dan Kappus
Cc: exim-users, it
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ldap lookups
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Dan Kappus wrote:

> The only problem is that inevitably, there are
> some combinations of first name + last name that
> will not be unique.

This has been argued to death in several forums (including, I think,
this one). You are going to lose out.

> What I want to build is a system where people can
> address mail as above, but if there are multiple
> matches, delivery fails *and* the delivery
> failure message lists some information about
> the various different matches, e.g.

Yesterday, James Smith, who happens to be The Big Important Boss, had
Vital Email arriving to james.smith. Unfortunately, you just
employed another James Smith, and the boss' email has stopped working.
Do you think this will be a happy situation for you?

> I guess I'll be using the aliasfile director with
> search = ldap or whatever it is, but how can
> I break down
>
> james.smith
>
> into two different strings, which are
> going to be matched against cn and
> sn?

Learn about regular expressions and ${if matching in string expansions.