[Exim] Restrict relaying for one IP address?

Author: Scott Truman
To: Exim-Users
Subject: [Exim] Restrict relaying for one IP address?
Hi there,
    I am running Exim 3.12 on a few SCO 5.0x boxes.
I have the host_accept_relay=192.168.1.0/24:127.0.0.1 so local windows
clients can relay mail through the unix box.
The unix boxes do not have DNS setup but rather all mail is sent through a
proxy server with a static mapping to the ISPs mail server. The proxy server
is on the same subnet as the windows clients, but I do not wish for mail
from the outside world through this proxy server to the exim server to be
relayed, but again I do want local mail to be accepted. Obviously all mail
"through" the proxy server appears to come from the local subnet so it is
relayed unwantedly.

To get around this I have
"host_accept_relay=127.0.0.1:client1:client2....etc", obviously this line
becomes very long and is not ideal when new PC's are added to the network.

So my question's are:

1. How do I restrict relaying BY IP ADDRESS but allow local deliver from
this IP?

2. How do I list the "host_accept_relay" ips in a seperate file.

I'm sure this must be possible, but I am confused by the documentation.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Scott

Please reply directly as well as to the list
scott@???