Re: [Exim] delaying route queries

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] delaying route queries
All, thanks for the many responses. Peter Radcliffe's is the most
practical for my particular needs, so a few comments on that. But thanks
to all of the others.

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey+lists@???> probably said:

> > So one option seems that if I could actually delay routing (and not just
> > delivery) for remote destinations while disconnected then I might be able
> > to get this to route correctly after I dial up and go via the correct
> > relay.
>
> I've been using;
>
> queue_remote_domains="*"
>
>   # deal with any special routes from the connection method
>   fileroute:
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     driver = domainlist
>     route_file = EBASE/route-file
>     search_type = partial0-lsearch

> Usually route-file is empty, but I've hacked [dhclient script or
> dialup script as appropriate] to add in any smtp server [...] put the
> name of the smarthost in a file that gets copied in place if the
> connection is successful.
>
> When my link comes up, be it through dialup or ether, I run exim -qff
> and off goes my mail ...

This is more or less what I was thinking. And am no setting up something
like this. (untested as I compose this, but it will at least be somewhat
tested when you read this). The only problem is that out-going message
will freeze instead of defer. While I can do a -qff it means that I can't
really use freezing for anything else. This is why I would like routing
itself (and not just delivery) deferred until I have the connection. But
for simplicity I will probably just do it this way until I get myself
another connection.

Cheers,

-j
--