Re: [Exim] Re: question about exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Peter Radcliffe
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Re: question about exim
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> probably said:
> Carlos Laviola wrote:
> > I am not sure if this question has already been answered in the past. If it
> > was, please forgive me, I did a little research before asking and couldn't
> > find an answer.
> > Simple question: How do I make exim show a fake ident for users? I mean,
> > instead of having an ident=username on Received, having ident=anonymous or
> > ident=username. I do not like to show my username to the world... I know
> > this sounds paranoid and that I could use a spoofing ident daemon, but I
> > wish to set this on exim. I hope you can help me.
>
> You can set rfc1413_query_timeout to zero to disable ident lookups
> completely, then you'll get no ident= line at all. If that's not good
> enough, you might be able to put a fake ident=anonymous in there by
> setting received_header_text appropriately. (use `exim -bP` to get the
> default, and edit it as needed.)

You can also install an ident daemon that doesn't return usernames and
returns some encrypted string or a uid or something, instead.

I use an identd that doesn't return anything if you put a .noident
file in their home directory.

This deals with remote deliveries, but I'm not sure if exim puts the
username in itself on mail originating from on the machine that
doesn't use SMTP ... you could put a conditional in
received_header_text to deal with that if so.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???