[Exim] ldap lookups

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dan Kappus
Para: exim-users
CC: it
Assunto: [Exim] ldap lookups
So I'm putting up a mailservice with
a ldap directory. What I want to be able to do
is to make things that look like osi email addresses
go to the right person, like

james.smith@???

This is:

The only problem is that inevitably, there are
some combinations of first name + last name that
will not be unique.

What I want to build is a system where people can
address mail as above, but if there are multiple
matches, delivery fails *and* the delivery
failure message lists some information about
the various different matches, e.g.

---------------------------------------
Your message could not be delivered.

The email address james.smith@???
identifies several people. Please pick
the appropriate email address and try again:

cn          sn        email                    title
james       smith     jsmith21@??? marketing lackey
james       smith     b1ff@???     3l33t d00d
james       smith     ceo@???      The Boss

First off, I'm not sure how the ldap lookups work....
I need to work on syntax here.

I guess I'll be using the aliasfile director with
search = ldap or whatever it is, but how can
I break down

james.smith

into two different strings, which are
going to be matched against cn and
sn?

Finally, I'm not sure how to handle the eventuality
mentioned above that there might be multiple matching first name/last
name pairs. How do I detect this? Should messages going to
multiple matches be passed to a custom script to generate the
bounce?

Thanks for your time,

Dan Kappus