Re: AW: [Exim] RBL_domains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Richard Welty
Para: Daniel Buchholz, exim-users
Assunto: Re: AW: [Exim] RBL_domains
At 02:34 PM 9/1/00 +0200, Daniel Buchholz wrote:
>As
> - this discussion comes up every now and then
> - there obviously always is need for discussion about relay blocking
> - I never have found a list where it is on topic (not even *.net-abuse.mail
>newsgroups)

>Wouldn?t it be a good idea to create another list (here or at egroups or
>some place else)?

while it seems a good idea, i'm not persuaded that such a list could
usefully exist. the tension between the fiercer pro-ORBS and anti-ORBS
types is so great that i suspect that without moderation it would rapidly
degenerate into a flamefest, and with moderation, it would inevitably be
subject to charges of moderator bias.

i am, i think, going to write a white paper on this subject, as i've
started doing some thinking about the taxonomy of RBL style anti-spam
services. it is possible to characterize them based on goals and methods,
and working from that, assess their likely effectiveness.

richard

--
Richard Welty                 rwelty@???
Any type of UBE (Unsolicited Bulk EMail) to this account