Re: [Exim] How to reject large messages ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: charlie
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How to reject large messages ?
charlie@??? said:
> Is there any way of rejecting overly large messages, before they hit
> the system filter ?

RTFM message_size_limit
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_11.html#SEC273

> As I read it, the entire message has to be downloaded, before a system
> filter, or a transport has a chance to examine the size and reject the
> message.

On an ESMTP capable sending host the message would be stopped before
being transfered.

> There is an option in the makefile (HEADER_MAXSIZE), which allows exim
> to reject after it has received 1Mb of headers and it might be an idea
> to add in something along the same lines for the body.

However if this was done the message would *still* be transfered... the
only way to stop a message after the DATA part of the SMTP transaction
has started is to shut the connection down. If you do this the sending
host should quite correctly resend the message since the link failed
silently... so you will get lots of attempted resends.

    Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]