Re: [Exim] Split mail hub and MX questions

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Split mail hub and MX questions
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> On 1 Sep 00, at 12:24, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > You don't need to have one "master" and one "backup" just for mail
> > hubbing. They can be equals. If they have the same MX priority, or are
> > accessed via two A records, you should find that traffic is split
> > between them. We use 4 hosts like this for the cam.ac.uk domain.
> and how about userboxes ???

Sorry, I don't understand the question. But perhaps if I explain what I
meant a bit more it will help. We have 4 boxes that handle mail to
*@cam.ac.uk. All they do is forward it on to various other mail servers
around the university. So x@??? may to go server A, while
y@??? may to go server B, and so on. This is just in effect a
forwarding operation - what servers A and B are or do are not part of
our concern.