Re: [Exim] exim and dialup mta MX 5

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Julien Mabillard
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim and dialup mta MX 5
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Julien Mabillard wrote:

> Usually, all mail sent to them is queued until the remote dialup mail server
> makes an ETRN. But with Exim, when an email is sent to, it comes back on the
> right to the sender saying "retry time not reached for any host".

It probably says more than that. It probably also says something says
something like "after a long failure period". It means the dial-up host
hasn't been reachable for a long time.

> In the documentation, they say exim is not good at storing temporary this
> kind of stuff until an ETRN occurs, but is there a way to do so ?

Set a long retry time for that domain, as the documentation suggests.

> (when i do an exinext, I see however some sufficient retry times)

The problem may be in the maximum retry time (5 days, or whatever).