Re: [Exim] Flat files vs DBM

Author: Trevor Sky Garside
To: Georg v.Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Flat files vs DBM
| when being responsible for a mail server carrying about 1000
| domains, I experienced a *very significant* speedup when
| switching to DBM (Berkely DB, to be exact).

| I guess it was about a 2 or 3 times speed gain on an
| "exim -bt".

What does your local_domains line look like? I have tried "local_domains =
dbm;/usr/exim/local-domains" amd "local_domains =
dbm;/usr/exim/local-domains.db", both with no luck. The DBM file appears to
be setup correctly -- I created it using the dbmopen() command in Perl, and
assigned a simple value to it -- I set test.domain = test.domain (I'm not
sure what key/value pairs I should use since I really only need keys).

Thanks for your help.

Trevor Sky Garside
trevor@???