Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marilyn Davis
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?
Pardon my twisted mind, but I can't help thinking that the original
post was there to pull our chains, or maybe Philip's. Someone
jealous, maybe.

The return address doesn't work.

In April of 1998, when my mailserver was attacked with gusto and with
impressive resources and intelligence (because we ran the online
version of "La Consulta" -- a Zapatista, i.e., rebel-sponsored vote in
Mexico), I went looking for help in several technical email lists, I
can't remember which now. But I was *only* told to install exim for
security, no one suggested anything else. They gave me some things to
do in real time with with sendmail, which we were running at the time,
but the big advice was to switch to exim.

Being as busy as anyone, I certainly would not have switched if the
advice was anything but overwhelming and unanimous.

So, I think that the original email was from far left field and about
something else and here we are running internet nodes. It has nothing
to do with our reality.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
eVote(R) - online polling software for email lists
http://www.deliberate.com
marilyn@???
+1 650 965-7121  (USA)