[Exim] ETRN syntax errors

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeff Green
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] ETRN syntax errors
I'm having difficulty getting ETRN configured properly, regardless of
whether I use the default or include a specific smtp_etrn_command in
exim.conf. This is a Debian 2.2 system using Exim 3.16 (from the .deb) and
a 2.2.16 kernel.

Exim supports my primary domain as well as two that are temporarily on
dialup access awaiting 24/7 connection capability, for which I am the
fallback MX host. Whatever arguments (or no arguments at all) are passed to
host.mydomain.com result in the same "501 syntax error". My goal is to
simply hold the mail in queue until the system comes back up, as these are
low traffic sites, the domains both list my host as the secondary MX host
of record, and so I have set "relay_domains_include_local_mx = true". Hope
I'm not way out in left field in this, I've done it with ISPs that support
ETRN using fetchmail, but that isn't working here either.

Here is the edited transcript of the session:
----------------------
remote# etrn -wd host.mydomain.com

220 host.mydomain.com ESMTP Exim 3.16 #1 Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:47:54 -0700
>>> ehlo remote.somedomain.com

250-host.mydomain.com Hello root at remote [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
250-SIZE
250-ETRN
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
ETRN supported
>>> etrn domain.com

501 Syntax error
>>> quit

221 host.mydomain.com closing connection

Jeff Green

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com        Networking Las Vegas Since 1986