[Exim] upgrade to exim 3.10+

Author: davidturetsky
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] upgrade to exim 3.10+
I tried to install exim 3.10 and its dependencies using dpkg over my existing debian os, which I assume is not at issue. However in installing many of the components, a string of warnings were issued. Here is the output from installing libc6_2.1.3-10.deb, which is typical:

ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libBrokenLocale.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libcrypt.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libdb.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libdl.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libm.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libndbm.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libnsl.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libnss_compat.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libnss_db.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libnss_dns.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libnss_files.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libnss_nis.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libpthread.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libresolv.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libutil.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libtcpwrapGK.so.1 is not a symlink
ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libomnithread.so.2 is not a symlink
ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libomniORB2.so.6 is not a symlink
ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libomniLC.so.2 is not a symlink

Does this point to some other module which is missing, though not listed as a dependency? Or what?

David