Re: [Exim] Sending Mail to multiple locations

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Trevor Sky Garside
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sending Mail to multiple locations
On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Trevor Sky Garside wrote:

> For example, I would like to somehow configure that any message sent to
> "user@???" is saved in a local spool file (such as
> /var/mail/domain1.com/user) and forwarded to pager@???.
>
> Can somebody show me, in general, how Exim is setup to handle this? I don't
> need an exact configuration file or anything, just a good shove in the right
> direction.

Build Exim with MySQL support (as that's what you wanted).

Take the standard configuration, and modify the system_aliases director.
Instead of

file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch

stick something like

query = select addresses from addresslist where alias="$local_part"
search_type = mysql

The result of the MySQL query should be a comma-separated list of
addresses.