[Exim] SMTP authentication with exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christi Alice Scarborough
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] SMTP authentication with exim
I'm trying to set up a mail system that will relay mail for our users
no matter where they are connected from. I think the right way to do
this is via authenticated SMTP (which appears to be supported by
Eudora, the main mail client for users with this requirement.

However, I'm not having much success at getting it to work. I'm
attempting to use the following authentication mechanism:

cram:
driver = cram_md5
public_name = CRAM-MD5
server_secret = ${if crypteq{$2}{\{crypt\}${lookup {$1} lsearch{/etc/shadow}{${extract{1}{:}{$value}}} fail } } {secret1} fail }

which I think should do the following. Take the secret string passed
by the client, containing the username ($1) and password ($2) and extract
the users crypted password string from the password file. This should
then be compared with the value passed by the user.

Using exim -be, I've determined that the lookup is doing what I expect,
but the if statement always seems to return false. Does anyone have
any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Christi

--
Christi Scarborough, Systems Administrator, FutureTV http://www.futuretv.com/
FutureTV Labs Ltd, Brunswick House, 61-69 Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, CB5 8EG, UK