Re: [Exim] any way to enable auth from the command line?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc MERLIN
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] any way to enable auth from the command line?
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> > There isn't one, on efficiency grounds. The file gets read frequently.
>
> If exim runs as a daemon, not really :-)

Unless you are running with a low security setting, the daemon is going
to re-exec Exim every time a message arrives, in order to start the
delivery (unless you have queue_only set). Every time Exim execs, it
reads the file.

> (incidently my ssmtp relay got broken today because exim.conf got modified
> and not exim.conf.auth. That's exactly what I wanted to avoid...)

When files have to be kept in step, a build process is your friend.
That's why I wrote makezones for DNS zone files.