[Exim] Exim SNMP server

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] Exim SNMP server
Lo,

Has anyone implemented an RFC 2789 Mail Monitoring MIB that works with
Exim? Is it publically available?

I doubt that any of the answers to the second question are 'yes'. But
I've never written an SNMP server, so have no idea what sort of work is
involved. I'm reasonably competent in C and perl (amongst others);
could anyone here provide some estimates / pointers / useful information
please?

I'm looking at this in a vague 'this would be useful' way, with nothing
fixed and no schedule for doing anything about it. Any answers here
will influence whether I even approach this.

Thanks,
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat