Re: [Exim] Should vacation messages go to reply_address or r…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ian Southam
Aan: Kai Henningsen
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Should vacation messages go to reply_address or return_path
On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:39:00PM +0200 Kai Henningsen wrote :

> Then you might want to apologize.

Charm school graduate I see ;-).

The top and bottom of it is, that you are mostly correct in your assertions
about RFCs and, if we could just get the most popular MUAs on the market to
stick to some of them, everything would indeed be a good deal easier.

You cannot however simply quote RFCs repeatedly as some sort of Mantra, exim
is compliant, many things aren't. (Look at how many MTAs provide options to
deliberately introduce non-compliance to aid interoperability).

I mean wouldn't it be nice if just simple things could be relied upon, like
syntactically correct addresses and DNS entries ;-).

--
Ian