Re: [Exim] rejected recipients

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Salvatore Greco
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] rejected recipients
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Salvatore Greco wrote:

> Any ideas why my exim 3.16 MTA is rejecting email from this address:
>
> 2000-08-22 01:36:03 reject all recipients: 3 times bad sender <f1.sasha.co.za@???> H=www.i
> nfonetix.co.za (infosrv1.infonetix.co.za) [196.25.201.76]

You have sender_verify set. The client sent

MAIL FROM:<f1.sasha.co.za@???>

infosrv1.infonetix.co.za is not registered in the DNS. Therefore,
f1.sasha.co.za@??? is a "bad sender". The sending
host has sent it to you 3 times within 24 hours:

(1) The first time, Exim rejected the message after the DATA phase; it
will have logged the message's headers in rejectlog.

(2) When the client didn't pay attention to the permanent error code,
(in contravention of RFC 821) and sent the message again, Exim rejected
the MAIL FROM command with a permanent error.

(3) The very broken client tried a third time to send the message, and
this time Exim rejected every RCPT TO command, in the hope that the
client at least recognizes those rejections as meaning "I'm never going
to accept this message. Go away. Return it to sender."