Re: [Exim] SMTP with Dynamic IP-Adresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Haliburton
A: Nigel Metheringham, 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP with Dynamic IP-Adresses
Nigel and list:

We have a setup that has the my clients domains hosted on a server using
exim. The remote clients have dial up access. We use a Linux box with
exim and diald to check the mail every half hour or so. We use a cron
entry that runs uucico and the diald detects the tcp request and dials an
ISP. The uucico process logs on to the domain and gets the mail. The
client side linux box delivers to the local mail server which is either a
Novell box or NT box running Mercury and Pegasus. Have 8-10 clients doing
this all day long. Some are on permanent connections with dynamic ip and
the mail check interval is around 15 minutes. One is at 5 minutes.

No code had to be written. Exim config file, cron and diald. We use ver
2.05 (Yes it is old!) at client sites and RedHat 5.0 or 5.2 linux.

Specific details available off list.
HTH
Jim H