[Exim] any way to enable auth from the command line?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] any way to enable auth from the command line?
Because I'm using system passwords for SMTP AUTH, I don't want to enable
that capability for anything else than SMTP/SSL.

Therefore, I run a different instance of exim on a different IP with stunnel
so that I can provide STARTTLS, SMTP AUTH and relaying.

I know about auth_always_advertise (which I set to false), but on my outside
smtp gateway (the non SSL one), outside IPs won't be in host_accept_relay
and therefore exim with advertise AUTH, which in turn will cause netscape
clients to use it and send AUTH info in the clear.
So, I ended up making two exim.conf files, one where I commented out the
whole SMTP AUTH/driver=plaintext part

This works fine, but I'd really rather have one file and enable (or disable)
SMTP AUTH on the command line for one of the two exim instances.
One option is to use some trick with exim -D something, but I can't come up
with a macro that would disable SMTP AUTH entirely, or enable it (I need to
comment/uncomment a whole section of exim.conf)

Another way is to have an exim.conf.auth that includes exim.conf and adds
the AUTH drivers. However, I don't recall an option letting me include a
config file from another one.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc