Re: [Exim] does a smarthost need a password?

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] does a smarthost need a password?
Quoth Alessandro Ghigi on Mon, Aug 21, 2000:
> I am using exim on a machine connected to an ISP via ppp.

So why don't you use the ISP's outgoing mail server as the smart
host?

> I have an account on another machine, and I want this machine to work as
> a smarthost, for all non-local messages. I set up this via eximconfig, but
> it does not work (the mailservers denies to relay, error 550). I guess one
> has to specify his account username and password on the smarthost. If this
> is true how can I specify this data?

You can of course use SMTP Authentication (Chapter 33). Or you
can use standard Exim relay control (Chapter 43.3).

Vadik.

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to
provide a test load.