Re: [Exim] Compile assistance

Author: Pete Naylor
To: Brian K. West
CC: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Compile assistance
Brian K. West wrote...

> I have looked all over the mailing list and have had no luck finding the solutions.. I have no problems getting this to compile on linux but solaris is not liking it too much.. here is what I get:

> mysql_close                         lookups/lookups.a(mysql.o)

The linker cannot find the MySQL libraries. If you don't really need
MySQL support, comment out the LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes entry in Local/Makefile.
If you do intend to use MySQL for lookups, uncomment the following lines
in Local/Makefile...

# LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/local/ldap/include -I /usr/local/mysql/include
# LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -lmysqlclient

... and ensure that you specify the right paths there for the MySQL
install on your host.

--
Pete Naylor