Re: [Exim] backup MX setup...

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] backup MX setup...
On 19 Aug 00, at 21:49, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Nothing to do with local_domains. The setting of local_domains on the
> (20) server is for *its* domains, not yours. It will send out the
> spooled mail as soon as either of the other servers will accept it,
> but it will use the retry rules to decide when to try them.

This is a hint to better specify a problem i posed a few days ago,
and that has not yet had a reply:
Is there a way to trigger the delivery of mail from the third backup
server, to a lower relay
(The example was: main server have two addresses, one is
permanently connected, the second one is on ONLY when the first
line is out. These addresses are listed as MX 10 and MX 13 .
The backup connection however do not go up istantaneously when
the main one is broken, but only a few minutes every hour. so the
backup could find both lines off. I want however it send immediately
when the main is on ...)

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile