Re: [Exim] Handling of subject header

Author: Philip Hazel
To: davidturetsky
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Handling of subject header
On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, davidturetsky wrote:

[In lines much longer than the conventional 80 characters, so I have
reformatted them...]

> In sending out a series of test messages using -t to get header info

from the text file being transmitted. Sometimes the 'Subject:' info
appearing at the top of the file is shown as the subject at the
receiving end, removed from the text, and sometimes not. The text file
itself if a copy of earlier mail itself, with preceding header info
appearing later in the text

> On the command line, I write 'exim -t <textfile

What was in the file? I bet it started with a blank line, or some line
that is syntactically invalid as an RFC 822 header line. Exim terminates
the header at the first blank line, or the first non-header line,
whichever it hits first.