Re: [Exim] panic logs, not good !

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kai Henningsen
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] panic logs, not good !
rpg@??? (Richard P. Groenewegen) wrote on 12.08.00 in <20000812225330.A13933@???>:

> My distribution is debian, pretty funky alright. eximconfig is a
> script, and probably not such a good one. The relevant section is:

Actually, I've long thought it ought to be in the original Exim
distribution, because its *main* job (creating a first exim.conf
interactively) is something that would (IMO) be a very valuable addition
especially for newcomers.

As for eximconfig -i, that's a fallout from the long debate about inetd
vs. demon mode, and I really don't see why the doc says it's something to
do with exim.conf edits. Telling exim about new configs, after all, works
the same way in Debian as for any other daemon - you run "/etc/init.d/exim
reload" (which, for exim, does a SIGHUP).

And of course, exim -bV checks the config, and as the doc didn't even
mention checking it you certainly shouldn't expect it to do that.

MfG Kai