Re: [Exim] how to insert aliases into the 'Received' header?

Author: jeff
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to insert aliases into the 'Received' header?
This doesn't seem to be the case. I have tested it on my local system
by sending a message with no CC or BCC and only one address (one of my
aliases) on the To line. The only place where the alias shows up is in
the To line.

But even if that did work, I would like to figure out a way to make it
work in cases where there are multiple recipients. Yes, it would be a
confidentiality exposure if it showed all of the BCC recipients but
that's not what I am trying for. What I want is for it to put some
indication in the header whenever it resolves an alias to a local
address.

If this is not possible with the stock version of exim, then I am not
averse to modifying it. I just thought I would check to see if there
was already some facility for this before diving into the source.

I guess I should say a little more about my real goal: When I get spam
on one of my aliases, I want to know which one it is so that I can
figure out where the spammer got my address and also so I can turn the
alias off or redirect it to another mailbox.