Re: [Exim] Broken pipe SMTP external delivery

Author: Nigel Pegram
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Broken pipe SMTP external delivery
Philip,

Thanks for the suggestions.

RE FAQ 21

a.
I examined the message in the exim spool area and it contains no ASCII 0
characters.

b.
It is a very small test message, only a few words.
SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<npegram@???> SIZE=1474

SMTP<< 250 Sender <npegram@???> and extensions (SIZE=1474) Ok

c.
The problem occurs at the end of the message.

Re FAQ 18

The problem does not seem to be related to large messages, nor this
particular host, since I could send messages via Netscape to the same host
and we regularly send multi-megabyte messages to them using the Macintosh
(from which I'm doing this, since my Linux box is currently mute!).

Is there a way to test the SMTP conversation to see what's going on at the
end of the transmission?

TIA
Nigel