Re: [Exim] Switching from sendmail to exim, new user questio…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Miros/law `Jubal' Baran
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Switching from sendmail to exim, new user question.
16.08.2000 pisze Jim Knoble (jmknoble@???):

> I would suggest using /etc/mail/aliases as the single source of the
> information, and generate either dbm or cdb lookup tables from that
> using awk, perl, or your favorite glue or scripting tool. That is:

Well, I thought about it, but I hoped that there's a chance I don't
need to do this ;-)

> Now, of course, you get to ask yourself what you do for aliases that
> you don't want to rewrite,

Well, I think it would be best to move these `aliases-to-be-rewritten'
to another file, where they would be looked up by conversion script
(for creating rewrite database) and some aliasfile director.

> or for other local parts that you do want to rewrite....

This part is done, thanks to FAQ; I look up for specific domains to be
rewritten (and only these local parts would be rewritten, which are
listed explicite).

Thanks for your answer,
best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

                    Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.