Re: [Exim] Using /etc/group as additional alias file?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Martin Buck
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] VRFY and EXPN
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using /etc/group as additional alias file?
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Martin Buck wrote:

> buck@rigi:~$ /usr/local/sbin/exim -bs
> 220 rigi.ma.tech.ascom.ch ESMTP Exim 3.16 #1 Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:52:01
> +0200
> expn buck
> Segmentation Fault

Oh dear. And it's trivially reproducible, so I must have broken
something. Sorry about that. Will fix and post a patch if it's trivial
enough.

(Readers might like to know that whenever I fix something like this, I
add a test to my ever-growing collection, to pick it up if I should ever
break it again.)

> I just checked exim 3.03 and it said "550 EXPN not available", so my
> test wouldn't have worked anyway, but still exim shouldn't segfault.

You need to enable EXPN. See smtp_expn_hosts.