Re: [Exim] Using /etc/group as additional alias file?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Para: Martin Buck
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Using /etc/group as additional alias file?
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Martin Buck wrote:

> Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> > You probably can use some hackery in a smartuser director (in general
>
> Oooh, I must have been blind (smartuser only has 3 options, so it's easy
> to miss in the specs :-)
>
> > anything you can do with an alias and almost any other director can be
> > done in a smartuser with some degree of pain) to expand the list of
> > additional users in a group.
>
> OK, I'm using this now:
>
> group_aliases:
> driver = smartuser
> new_address =
> ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/group}{${extract{3}{:}{$value@$domain}}}fail}
>
> This works fine for groups that have only one member.

Note that (at least on the unices I've seen) the members of the group
are generated from *two* sources:
/etc/group or equivalent database,
*and* the group field in /etc/passwd or equiv.
Some unix setups have a unique group for each user, and the "interesting"
group memberships are all in /etc/groups, but other setups do not do this.

You may also wish to verify that users and groups with the same name
(the exim user/group is a likely candidate) cause no problems.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna