Re: [Exim] New Feature Request.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Pete Naylor
Para: Dennis Taylor
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] New Feature Request.
Some earlier spamware that dummies occasionally still use has the envelope
sender hard coded - things like "friend@???" were pretty popular,
so blocking them is generally a good thing.

A further example of where something like this would be useful is in a
large system with many hosts that require management via a consistent
database of some kind. Easier to add an entry to that database for the
sender address being used in a current spam run than to push such
configuration data to every host. However, my suggestion would be that
such a list may not be as well suited to shared use via the DNS as
information about open relays etc in the RBL, RSS, ORBS, DUL. So -
perhaps maintaining the list of sender addresses to block could be
maintained in a local MySQL database or LDAP directory (support for which
is already included in Exim).

Dennis Taylor wrote...

--
Pete Naylor