Re: [Exim] OT: Debian (was: Suddenly problems with fetchmail…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Otavio Exel, Vadim Vygonets
CC: Exim mailing list
Assunto: Re: [Exim] OT: Debian (was: Suddenly problems with fetchmail)
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Otavio Exel wrote:

> I see how upset you get with us (debian users) still running exim 2.05

Not upset. Just slightly sad that new users get started on what is now a
very old version, that cannot straightforwardly be upgraded, and that
cannot handle some of the advice they may get on the list.

> > we'll all be running exim 3.10 very soon (I hope..);
>
> That's the problem with package releases. It's 3.10 (November
> 1999), when it should be 3.16.

Indeed. All the 3.1x releases (x > 0) fix bugs in 3.10.

But I do appreciate the problems of packaged OS builders. It is not a
job I would ever want to do.