[Exim] Listar and Exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ron Brogden
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Listar and Exim
Howdy. I took a look through the archives and saw some of this talked about
but no actual solution. If this is lurking in a FAQ feel free to call me a
loser as long as you direct me to the appropriate FAQ entry. =)

The issue I am running into is that if there is any issue with the Exim
daemon (i.e. it is not responding or similar temporary issue) Listar exits
with status EX_TEMPFAIL.

Exim does not (quite possibly due to a configuration issue) honour the
EX_TEMPFAIL error and instead of re-queuing the message, sends back a note
to the originating sender including the error and path detail of the failed
PIPE command. From what I can tell this is against the RFCs so presumably
either I have made a configuration error or Exim is broken in this
regard. If it is my fault, any pointers on how to fix it would be appreciated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Ron

Island Net AMT Solutions Group Inc.          Telephone:          250 383-0096
1412 Quadra                                  Toll Free:        1 800 331-3055
Victoria, B.C.                               Fax:                250 383-6698
V8W 2L1                                      E-Mail:    support@???
Canada                                       WWW:   http://www.islandnet.com/