Re: [Exim] Suddenly problems with fetchmail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: davidturetsky
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Suddenly problems with fetchmail
On 2000-08-14 at 13:00 -0700, davidturetsky gifted us with:
[ inserted line breaks ]
> Now that exim is working, it (I ?) seems to have screwed up use of
> fetchmail. Somewhere in the fetchmail dialog, exim is called and...
> seems to switch the protocol to SMTP. The error dialog below is the same
> as when I inadvertently specified 'smtp.email.msn.com' instead of
> 'pop3.email.msn.com' in .fetchmailrc

> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<richsob@localhost>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 550 relaying to <richsob@localhost> prohibited by administrator

By default, Exim won't relay to the world, unless you're inserting the
message using the exim command (local). If you want Exim to relay
messages out which are received via SMTP then you have to tell it so.

host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1

If you go to wherever your Exim source tree is, and look at
src/configure.default you'll see the default configuration file, with
large comments which explain all this. If you don't have the source and
really don't want to get involved with source, drop me a private email
and I'll send you a copy.

(Quick look and ...) the relevant part is:

-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
# The use of your host as a mail relay by any host, including the local host
# calling its own SMTP port, is locked out by default. If you want to permit
# relaying from the local host, you should set
#
# host_accept_relay = localhost
#
# If you want to permit relaying through your host from certain hosts or IP
# networks, you need to set the option appropriately, for example
#
# host_accept_relay = my.friends.host : 131.111.0.0/16
#
# If you are an MX backup or gateway of some kind for some domains, you must
# set relay_domains to match those domains. This will allow any host to
# relay through your host to those domains.
#
# See the section of the manual entitled "Control of relaying" for more
# information.

--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat