Re: [Exim] panic logs, not good ! (was: Customizing warning …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Richard P. Groenewegen
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] panic logs, not good ! (was: Customizing warning messages)
On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 01:14:39PM -0700, Pete Naylor wrote:
> You're missing the units of time for the first item in the list. You need
> to specify "24h" rather than just "24". Exim seems to have assumed that
> you were defining a director or router.

That was a typo in my email message. The first part of the email
message displayed it right (including the h after 24).

> I've never heard of eximconfig, sorry. When I edit exim.cf I HUP or
> restart Exim, and I check to be sure that the process is present.

The manual says:
       Used  with the -i option it will not ask any questions, or
       modify the configuration file at all, but will do the nec­
       essary  fiddling  with  inetd.conf  and startup scripts to
       enable exim. You should use this  after  configuring  exim
       manually.

The response was:
starting exim

I didn't check if the process was present, but I guess it was, given
the paniclogs.

Richard
--
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a
warning to others.