Re: [Exim] Latent transport filter bug still in Exim 3.16?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave C.
Aan: Jonathan Hunter
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Latent transport filter bug still in Exim 3.16?
> No problem. I guess it's just a question of how far (if at all) Exim should
> go to correct bad user input. In this case Exim makes no attempt, which is
> fine - the filter will just have to ensure it outputs valid messages.
>
> At least this thread will now be in the archives, and may be of use to some
> other poor soul trying to get a similar filter working in the future!

I think the simplest fix if someone was having this problem would be to
just have their filter always output an extra newline at the end. If
the output didn't have one, then it would. If it did, then it would
have an extra one.

I can't think of any case where an extra newline added to the end of a
message would break ANYTHING. Am I wrong?