Re: [Exim] smtp after pop3 ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nils Ketelsen
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] smtp after pop3 ?
On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 01:23:26PM +0200, Andreas Meyerhoff wrote:

> i have seen other mail software which allows a keyword "smtp_after_pop3 = xx minutes" (or something like that) which would allow the users to send mail after they have been authenticated by the pop3 password. Only thing i see is that the smtp remains then open for a couple of minutes (?)
> Any suggestion ?

As you will use another software for your POP3 mailboxes you will have to
define some kind of interface between your POP3-Deamon and your Exim. The
first thing that I can think of is something like this:

You have to patch your POP3-Daemon to write your IP-Adress to a file after
validating your login. Exim takes this file as a list of hosts that are
allowed to relay. This file has to expire after some time.

The other possibility is to use SMTP-AUTH, but this seems to be far too
simple. ;-)

Nils