Re: [Exim] Latent transport filter bug still in Exim 3.16?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jonathan Hunter
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Latent transport filter bug still in Exim 3.16?
> > I suspect that Exim isn't checking for a newline on the end of the
message
> > produced by the transport filter, and is simply sending a single period

> > terminate the data stream, which therefore fails if the message does not

end
> > in a newline character.
>
> Absolutely right. The documentation says:
>
>     The filter's standard output is read and written to the message's
>     destination. The filter can perform any transformations it likes, but

of
>     course should take care not to break RFC 822 syntax.

> The assumption is that what the filter outputs is a valid message,
> including the terminating newline. Exim makes no check on what it gets
> back; it is up to you to get it right.

No problem. I guess it's just a question of how far (if at all) Exim should
go to correct bad user input. In this case Exim makes no attempt, which is
fine - the filter will just have to ensure it outputs valid messages.

At least this thread will now be in the archives, and may be of use to some
other poor soul trying to get a similar filter working in the future!

Regards,

Jonathan