[Exim] conditional delivery to temporary server

Author: Andy Loukes
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] conditional delivery to temporary server
I am trying to use exim to deliver to users who have domains and mail servers
connecting with dial-up.

If they are online I would like to deliver directly to their server.

If they are offline I would like to store the mail in a batch smtp file so
they can recieve after issuing an ETRN command.

The servers have an address record pointing to them.

I can do these things separately, ie I can either deliver to the server or to
a batch file, but I can't work out how to get exim to try one then the other.

Currently I have the mail processed as local domains.

This would presumably mean that the ETRN command could use exim -bS instead
of a third party program.

I'm sure this has been covered before but I haven't been able to find any
discussion in the archives!

Any ideas?

--
Andy Loukes