Re: [Exim] rewriting/regex question

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] rewriting/regex question
Quoth Marc MERLIN on Tue, Aug 08, 2000:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 03:32:03AM +0300, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> > ^((?>[^@]+))@pop3?\.(?>[^@]+)(?<=\.valinux\.com)    $1@???    Eh

> Yeah, that works for rewriting (my regex fu is strong too :-D), but my
> /etc/mail/vadomains file is used for here too:
> local_domains = "lsearch;/etc/mail/virtualdomainlist: \
>         partial-lsearch;/etc/mail/vadomains"
> so they'd have to be in the vadomains file anyway.

Hmm, then it should be something like:

local_domains = lsearch;/etc/mail/virtualdomainlist : /etc/mail/vadomains

(notice no "partial-lsearch;" before vadomains), and vadomains
(or another pattern list file) should contains lines like:

*.thingie.valinux.com
watchamacallit.valinux.com
^pop3?\.(?>.+)(?<=\.valinux\.com)

I don't know if you can use pattern list files in rewrite
patterns, though.

> I'm used to tracking machines by looking at the from host in the Received
> line, it's worked fine so far.

The reason we didn't do it at cs.huji is that lots of root's mail
passed through mailing lists which trimmed Received: headers. I
remember now.

Vadik.

--
Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
         encryption standard and they came up with ...