Re: [Exim] Latent transport filter bug still in Exim 3.16?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Jonathan Hunter
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Latent transport filter bug still in Exim 3.16?
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Jonathan Hunter wrote:

> I suspect that Exim isn't checking for a newline on the end of the message
> produced by the transport filter, and is simply sending a single period to
> terminate the data stream, which therefore fails if the message does not end
> in a newline character.

Absolutely right. The documentation says:

    The filter's standard output is read and written to the message's
    destination. The filter can perform any transformations it likes, but of
    course should take care not to break RFC 822 syntax.

The assumption is that what the filter outputs is a valid message,
including the terminating newline. Exim makes no check on what it gets
back; it is up to you to get it right.